Database on Refinement of Housing, Husbandry, Care, and Use of Animals in Research
This database, created in 2000, is updated every three months with newly published scientific articles, books, and other publications related to improving or safeguarding the welfare of animals used in research.
Links to the full text for publications that appear in open access journals or are published on the AWI website are provided under the abstract.
Tips for using the database:
- This landing page displays all of the publications in the database.
- Use the drop-down menus to filter these publications by Animal Type and/or Topic.
- Clicking on a parent category (e.g., Rodent) will include publications relating to all the items in that category (e.g., Chinchilla, Gerbil, Guinea pig, etc.).
- You may also add a keyword to further narrow your search; however, if using a keyword, you must search by keyword first, and then apply the filters for Animal Type and/or Topic.
- Please note that at this time, only publications dated 2010 or later (with some exceptions) can be filtered by Animal Type and Topic. Most publications older than 2010 can only be searched by keyword.